Happy Canada Day!! A day off and I am so excited. The weather has been somewhat damp over the last few days and honestly I think I could curl up in the bed for about 40 hours and be very happy. But as they say, no time for rest – keep that body going!
I was sitting talking with my mother-in-law about what to post as I was late getting home from work. I really just slapped together some dinner and got back to work on the computer. We came up with some kitchen tips that are super handy to know.
Over the last few weeks she has shared some really great kitchen tips that I never knew about. So I thought, well I better share these with you and see what you think.
5 Everyday Kitchen Tips
1. Use Bread with Hard Brown Sugar - Ever have a bag of brown sugar that gets very hard and compact in your cupboard. No need to throw it out ever again. Open the bag and place a piece of bread in the top of the bag and seal it up. Leave it for two days and then check your sugar. It will be soft and brand new. Once you are satisfied with the results – throw away the slice of bread.
2. Clean your pots with Baking Soda and Vinegar - Leave your sauce pot boil dry by accident as you were in the dining room enjoying your dinner? Not to worry. This clean up is a piece of cake with the combination of vinegar and baking soda. In the burnt pot, add some baking soda and vinegar in the bottom of the pot and let it sit for 10 minutes. The reaction will start to remove the burnt texture on the pot. You can then add some hot water and give it a light scrub and you will be very pleased.
3. How to use Sour Milk - How often do you catch yourself throwing sour milk down the sink. There is no need to do that! Use it for baking. It will make a great batch of biscuits. So the next time you smell some funny milk – set it aside and whip out your Cooking apron and get baking.
4. Egg peeling off – Make a small hole in the egg by piercing with a pin before boiling it. You will be able to remove the shell very easily.
5. Revive your Lemon/Lime - If a lemon or lime is hard, put it in warm water for 5-10 minutes to make it easier to squeeze and revitalize the juice.
Happy Canada Day for all that are celebrating and I hope you have a great Wednesday. Before you go, check out some more Cooking posts make sure you enter in my latest giveaway and try and win some POM Wonderful Juice.