Can you believe it? Friday has arrived! I wanted to switch things up a bit and have somewhat of a fun and interactive post today. I want everyone who visits Cooking today to write their favorite way to eat a potato. Even though one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is in the form of healthy homemade french fries , today I am going to go over my five favorite ways I like to stuff a potato.
So here goes. I will also include a method in which to cook the potato prior to the stuffing process later on. Oh I am excited – I can’t wait. If I could only type faster …
Zesty Note: For the recipes below I did not give measurements as it depends on your liking of the ingredients and the size of the potato. Use you best judgment.
1. Chicken & Broccoli Stuffed Potato
- Diced cooked chicken
- Broccoli pieces ( blanched)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2. Bacon & Swiss Stuffed Potato
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Swiss Cheese
- Green Onion
- Sour Cream
3. Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Stuffed Potato
- Brown Sugar
4. Spinach, Mushroom & Feta Stuffed Potato
- Sliced mushrooms
- Baby Spinach
- Feta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
5. Spicy Mexican Stuffed Potato
- Ground beef/turkey
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash of Hot sauce
- Wash potatoes; dry; rub with oil; prick skins. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Prepare your filling in a separate bowl.
- Cut 1/4-inch slice off top of baked potatoes and scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact about 1/4 inch thick. Mash pulp and add your desired filling.
- Beat well and re-stuff potatoes.
- If serving potatoes right away i like to brush them with a little butter and slide them under the broiler for a minute to brown the tops (depending on the filling).
Zesty Tip: Never bake a potato in tin foil or in the microwave. When you do either of those things it changes the cooking method from “baking” to steaming and prevents a crisp skin from forming. Bake a clean potato in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. Poke it with a fork to allow steam to escape, rub with oil, and sprinkle with salt before placing on the oven rack.
I am so excited to hear how everyone loves their potatoes. Have a great Friday.