Monday is here again! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was great minus all the cleaning we did to prepare for the open house on Sunday but oh well, things you have to do.
The weather was really cold all weekend, very very cold. Other than scooting out for groceries and some other necessities such as chocolate covered almonds and licorice babies, the traveling was pretty much kept to a minimum.
This quick sandwich I am sharing today is a super simple staple at the Cooking house. It takes a total of 9 minutes to make which in my mind is pretty awesome. I find the hardest thing to do is cook when you are beyond hungry. The next time you are in that situation – this sandwich is your answer!
For grilling in the winter I use my Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill. It is simple and easy to clean which, for me, are keys to an essential kitchen gadget.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Cooking Spray
- Baby Spinach
- Cheddar Cheese (Or whatever cheese you have on hand)
- Whole Wheat Roll/Bun
- Preheat Grill.
- Coat top and bottom of grill with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast on grill and close the lid.
- Wait for 8 minutes, meanwhile toast your bun and prepare your cheese and spinach toppings.
- Assemble Sandwich and top with your favorite condiment (I went with the basil mayonnaise ) and a great side dish (Oven Baked Fries).
Zesty Tip: When using an indoor grill, I like to keep the meat as plain as possible while cooking to avoid burning and big mess. In order to avoid having a bland sandwich, take the opportunity to kick up your condiments and toppings.
Here are some of the treats that I picked up on Saturday…. Yummm
Chocolate Covered Almonds
I hope that you have a great week. I am not totally sure what to share with you for tomorrow. Do you have something you want to see? Tell Cooking what to make!