How do you make a fun salad? How do you take the boring old salad you feel like you eat all the time to a different level?
With fresh ingredients, a drizzle of olive oil and add-ins that turn up the flavor, you can raise the salad bar to a whole new level. When I think of great salads, I think of adding three distinct flavors/textures.
The balance of the sweet tomatoes and mint flavor helps balance out the salty combination of the feta and olives. The baked pita chips in here give it a nice texture to round out your experience. Give this one a try… I am sure you will love it!
- 2 Tbsp. pitted, halved kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Black pepper
- 4 Cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 Cup mini tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup baked pita chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together olives, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Let stand 10 mins for flavors to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
Zesty Tip: Swap out your go to greens to change your salad in an instant. Try baby arugula, radicchio, boston lettuce, bibb or endive. This will change both texture and flavor and keep you loving salads for weeks and months to come.
Have a rockin’ Wednesday. See you on Friday.