Big day yesterday at Cooking’s. Winter prep was in order and some spring cleaning…. yeah I know – kinda crazy but we cleaned windows because the sun was shining despite it being cold out. I also ripped around on the lawnmower and gave the grass one last cut. I cannot remember the last time I cut the grass in November. But it looks good!
What do you feel like eating? If grilled Orange chicken is your answer than I have something for you. This dish is simple, classic and so delicious.
- Chicken Breasts ( Boneless or Bone-in )
- 3 Oranges ( 1 Cut into Wedges, Juice of the other 2 )
- 1 Tsp. Orange zest
- 2 Cloves Garlic ( crushed )
- 1 Tsp. Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Green onion
- Preheat grill and season chicken with salt and pepper
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix together as the sauce
- Begin cooking the chicken on the grill and sear each side to achieve the grill marks.
- Once flipper over, brush the chicken with you glaze and continue cooking.
- Move the chicken to indirect heat until cooked through. Continue to baste the chicken with the glaze.
- Remove from heat and serve with fresh green onions chopped on top.
Zesty Tip: Be careful not to add the glaze on the chicken to early as it will burn. Adding it and moving to indirect heat will assure the sauce doesn’t burn and will penetrate the chicken for enhanced flavor.
Painters are here touching up the base board and the new floors are almost done. They are looking sharp. Have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday!