Let’s take a step back in time and review what I posted on Cooking a year ago. Kind of fun? Well I thought so and when I looked it up I actually started craving the stuffed chicken breast as I can still remember how juicy it tasted. So I decided to make it all over again.
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Handful fresh basil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Warm a large saute pan over medium heat and add oil, tomatoes and garlic – cook down for about 5 minutes
- Add basil and remove from heat.
- Lay the chicken on parchment/wax paper and another piece on top and hammer the chicken using a heavy blunt object. I chose a big pan.
- Once flattened to your desired consistency, start adding the filling and rolling/folding the chicken over. Once complete, you can top with the almonds or roll your chicken in them depending on how tight your roll is…. mine was kind of loose. I was rushing for the time clock.
- Return the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until brown.
- Add chicken to a oven safe baking pan and complete the cooking process; about 20 minutes.
Zesty Tip: I really feel the key to this dish is searing the chicken prior to roasting it in the oven. The tomato and garlic combination as well as the almonds create a flavor on the outside. The last thing you want is to have a dry flavorless chicken which can easily happen.
Well there you have it! A little piece of chicken to start your Friday. It is still raining here, has been for the whole week but hopefully it will slow down for the weekend. Any big plans for the weekend? It should be pretty low key over here. I may do some baking if they weather stays rainy.
What is your favorite thing to BAKE?
Have a super Friday and I will talk to you on Monday.