Happy Friday!! Do you like chocolate? Would you like a light fluffy dessert that is super easy to make? I suggest you give zesty-in law’s chocolate mousse a try! When I consumed this around 11:00pm and it was excellent. I could have had at least 3 bowls of this goodness but I stuck to just one. I am so polite!
If you ever need a great light dessert after a large meal – this is a great simple recipe to try. Let me hear of other mousse’s you have tried. I love to hear your ideas.
- 5 Oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 Large eggs, separated
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 6 Tbsp icing sugar
- Melt chocolate over double boiler then prior to being fully melted add butter and stir to mix.
- Add egg yolks as well as the vanilla and granulated sugar and in whip until thick and glistening.
- Mix yolk mixture and the chocolate mixture by whisking together.
- In clean bowl beat cream until thick and firm peaks and then fold into the chocolate yolk mix.
- In clean bowl beat egg whites and the confectioners sugar in until firm peaks, but do not beat until dry.
- Add 1/3 egg whites to the chocolate mix and then add the remained through careful folding.
- Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Cover well to protect from fridge odors.
Zesty Tip: If you are worried about crowding in the fridge, chuck this in the garage or outside on the patio/deck if you live in a cool climate. It doesn’t have to be in the fridge if you are tight on real estate.
What do you have on the go for the weekend? I am sticking to house work at the new place and spending some much deserved time with the fam. I hope you have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday.