This is a winner.
Trust me on this one.
I love a dish that transforms a familiar taste into something amazing….like this sweet and savory salsa. It’s like guacamole kicked up a few notches. Not easy to do with guacamole because it can stand on it’s own and let me tell you, I could have eaten the entire bowl of this delicious salsa. We made this on Christmas eve to snack on with family and it was a big hit.
We were basically licking the bowl. I think you will, too. Enjoy!
- 2 avocados, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 12 oz can mandarin oranges, drained and diced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, combine avocado, green onions, cilantro, salt and jalapeno.
- Drain mandarin oranges and chop. After chopping, drain again.
- Add oranges and pomegranate seeds to the bowl.
- Toss gently with lime juice and honey.
- Taste and add more salt, if needed.
Tip: Although it sounds strange not to mash your avocado – the chunkiness of the avocado really add a different texture and I suggest you follow it. You could also use clementines or fresh oranges if you wanted. The can makes it pretty easy.
Have an awesome Wednesday!