Guess what’s back!! You guessed it. Another round of chocolate cream cheese cupcakes. You cannot go too many months without baking these again if you can even survive that long. It is a sun-filled day today so I thought I would share with you a baking recap from a few nights ago. I made these last year at the Cooking in laws in the summer and they are always a huge hit.
Can you really beat chocolate, cream cheese and to top it all off in bite size cupcake form?
So before we begin with the amazing recipe and picture overload
Cream Cheese Topping
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tsp. White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Stir the cream cheese to a creamy, smooth consistency. Add egg, sugar and salt and stir (blend) (cream) to uniform smooth consistency.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, form a “well ” and set aside.
- Combine liquid ingredients in another bowl.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Be sure not to over mix.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into muffin tins until about 2/3 full.
- Top each muffin with a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture (Do note the spoon technique).
- Bake small muffin tins for 9 -11 minutes and regular muffin tins for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Zesty Tip: If you need to take these special treats with you to a party, you can make 1.5 times the batter portion. You will have lots of cream cheese topping. Also note that these cupcakes freeze well and are good warm or cold.
So now after all this, I have to hear what you think about these cupcakes. When you pop one in your mouth you automatically step away from reality and fall in love with the texture and flavor. Lately I have been hooked on home juice with chocolate treats. I know it sounds crazy – but I have been trying out different juicer recipes for the last couple of weeks and I think I am addicted. Usually I am a milk and chocolate guy all the way.
Have a great Friday and be on the lookout for another great treat from our baking excursion the other night.