OK so as you read the title you say to yourself, “here he goes again”. Does Cooking put bacon on everything lately? Well the answer is no but I just had to use up the rest of the pound in which I used for the Baked Pasta Casserole and I didn’t want to throw it out. Everyone knows how easy and quick pasta is to make not to mention how economical it can be to feed a crowd. With that said you have to try this little creation that doesn’t take 15 minutes.
I used some ground turkey, bacon and some simple homemade pasta sauce from the freezer to really create this ensemble. Dead easy and it tasted decent!
- 1 lb Whole Wheat macaroni
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup chopped mushrooms
- 10 slices of Bacon
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Dash of Hot sauce ( red pepper flakes will also work )
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Preheat sauce pan to medium heat and start browning the bacon.
- Continue cooking the bacon until done and then remove from the pan. Drain the excess grease from the pan leaving about a teaspoon.
- Add the ground turkey, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink, add mushrooms and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Chop the bacon up and add back to the pan.
- Add the cooked pasta back and mix; toss in the sauce and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and add Parmesan cheese.
Zesty Tip: Make sure to cook the bacon by itself and without anything that would release a liquid. This will ensure that the bacon will get crispy.
There you have it, a simple quick dinner that can feed the family. This is great for leftovers for the next day at work. Don’t feel that you have to follow the recipe to a “t” – feel free to add what you have on hand.
I am in management meetings all day this week which is fun but it does drain you for the evenings. I am in the middle of trying to figure out what to have for a quick dinner. Any suggestions? Have a great day!